Why study in Melbourne?
The City of Melbourne is a local government area in Victoria, Australia, located in the central city area of Melbourne. In 2018, the city has an area of 37 square kilometres and had a population of 169,961. The city’s motto is “Vires acquirit eundo” which means “She gathers strength as she goes.” Colleges in Melbourne, Australia, offer world-class educational opportunities to international students. With its lively student culture, diverse activities, and a vast array of universities and colleges, Melbourne is an ideal study destination for aspiring experts in a wide range of disciplines. Tertiary institutions in Melbourne place great emphasis on providing quality education to international students, making it a top choice for studying abroad.
The five key benefits of studying at the top universities in Melbourne are:
1. Quality education: International students in Melbourne will benefit from access to world-class research, innovative teaching methods and dedicated support networks by the government as well as the university.
2. Diverse student environment: The city boasts a culturally diverse educational environment with students from all over the world.
3. Career opportunities: With an ever-growing number of international employers in Victoria, international graduates can explore plenty of employment options upon graduation.
4. Affordable living costs: It is one of the most affordable cities to live and study in Australia, making it the perfect place to live and work.
5. Unique student experiences: With its unparalleled cultural vibrancy, students at the top universities in Melbourne can explore a wealth of activities and attractions that only this city offers.
Universities in Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is a public research university located in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1853, it is Australia's second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria.
Monash University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Named after prominent World War I general Sir John Monash, it was founded in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the state. The university has a number of campuses, four of which are in Victoria, and one in Malaysia
Victoria University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It is a dual-sector university, providing courses in both higher education and technical and further education.
Our extensive research capabilities attract millions of dollars in grants and foster strategic national and international partnerships in key research facilities, including: Deakin Engineering Precinct – digital manufacturing, rapid prototyping, 3D modelling and visualisation technologies.
Charles Darwin University is a truly unique institution.
With our home and our heart in the Northern Territory, we embrace the inclusive, resilient, and courageous spirit of the NT in our campuses and delivery sites that reach a diverse footprint from the capital cities of Darwin, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney to the regional hubs of Alice Springs, Palmerston and Katherine and our remote locations in Nhulunbuy, Tennant Creek and on Country – in community, with the community.